Klein High Construction

As autumn begins and the second six weeks gets underway, the construction of the new main building reaches the peak of its completion. For some students, it may be just another building, but for others, it will take some more time to get used to. Four floors of hallways and classrooms that look almost exactly the same makes for plenty of confusion when rushing to one’s class, but the new building seems to give off a good feeling for this school year and for many years to come.

“I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to get to class without mistaking one floor for another,” said senior Jonathan Satomas, “but I got used to it after the first few days.”

The building has taken roughly five years to complete. Construction for the new building started in 2010 and is expected to be finished by the end of this December. Students will come back from the new year to see their school again, finished, in January 2015.

“I think it’s awesome,” said assistant principal Gary Brain, “It’s such an amazing building.”

The students also seem to find it exciting and convenient when it comes to getting around from class to class.

“I’m really thankful for all the big and extra hallways they built,” said senior Michelle Choi. “Without them, I probably wouldn’t be able to make it to class in the short six minutes they give us now.”

Overall, most students seem to favor the new building over the old.

Klein High School – Main Building