Dr. Cain Announces Retirement

Dr.+Cain+retires%3B+students%2C+teachers%2C+and+administrators+will+miss+him.+

KLEIN ISD

Dr. Cain retires; students, teachers, and administrators will miss him.

2,181 Views

Superintendent Dr. Jim Cain announced his retirement at the school board meeting last month, capping an extensive career in public education. His time at Klein ISD will officially end on June 30, 2016 he told the board.

Cain has been in education for 47 years, starting his career in a small farming town in Illinois. When he moved to Texas, he began in Clear Creek ISD before joining Klein ISD.

“Each year has been very fulfilling, but the time has come to enter a new phase in my life,“ Cain said.

Cain started working at Klein ISD  in 1978 and this is his 12th year as superintendent. He has served an assistant principal, principal, instructional officer, and director of school administration in Klein before he went to Fort Bend ISD to serve as area superintendent. Cain then  returned to Klein to serve as an associate superintendent.

Dedicated to education, Cain said he is responsible for the planning in Klein ISD (which is made up of four high schools, nine middle schools, and 31 elementary schools) and he said he cares deeply.

“My favorite thing is watching students grow from an academic and character standpoint,” Cain said.

After the many years of working in education, Cain said he looks forward to spending time with his wife and relaxing.

“My wife and I want to travel extensively,” Cain said. “I will look into various volunteering options in the Houston area, as well as playing golf, running, biking, reading, and relaxing.”

Though he will be relaxing and spending his time as he likes, Cain said he will miss the people at Klein and wishes them the best.

“The Klein ISD has been great to my family and to me over the years,” Cain said. “I will miss the daily interaction with students, employees, and parents, and I wish the very best to everyone. It is important for our community to continue to support public education, which I think is one of the most important institutions in our nation.”