Fashion Show 2017

The second annual Fashion Show was hosted by Klein’s Fashion classes on March 29, 2017. Students had a chance to showcase all of the amazing garments that they’ve been working on all year long with some help from volunteer models.

Fashion design teacher Marie Villa said the event was a challenge to put together.

“It is my first year at Klein High so it was a huge undertaking to plan an event such as this and coordinate all that I needed to make it successful for the students.  In the end, I absolutely enjoyed it. The best part was seeing my students so excited and proud of their hard work,” Villa said.

Many models were satisfied with the event.

“It was exciting I was a little nervous because the designers had some organizational complications we weren’t prepared for but after that everything ran smoothly,” said Senior and Model Kaitlyn Hayward.

Models were impressed by the designs.

“I thought the designers I got did a great job. I liked them,” Hayward said.

Although the fashion design classes were a huge part of the event others were involved.

“Cosmetology did hair and make-up for the models and Culinary Arts did the intermission buffet.   We had FCCLA volunteers that helped at the door with ticket sales and the theater department sent 2 techs to help us with the sound and lighting.  All of the teachers in this department, Ms. Rooke, Mrs. Duke and Ms. Stewart, contributed so much of their time to help make the show successful. It is truly a team effort.   I am very fortunate to work in a department that is so passionate and dedicated to student success,” Villa said.

Villa said she was extremely satisfied with the results.

“We had over 400 people in attendance for the evening and I had several parents approach me to tell me how impressed they were with all that the students have made and done this semester,” Villa said.

Designers had put a lot of time and effort into making these articles.

“Many times there were moments of frustration but in the end it was all worth it,” designer Xino Tillis-Cristo said.

There was a lot of time and effort put into the show.

“There were over 80 garments sewed for the show, and they started sewing in about October of last year,” Villa said.

The show seemed to have been a success for most and was a time for all students involved to express themselves. “The chance to show what we’ve been working on all year was fun,” Tills-Cristo said.

Fashion Show Story

Models were impressed by the designs.

“There were over 80 garments sewn for the show, and they started sewing in about October of last year,” Villa said.