HOSA Advances To Internationals

Courtesy of HOSA

HOSA gathering in front of their poster before their state competition.

At their state competition, HOSA had many competitors who advanced to Internationals.

“We took 65 students and of those 65, 41 were in the top five in the state and 37 will attend the International HOSA Competition at Disney World in June,” HOSA sponsor Kristen Haggard said.

The students from HOSA will continue to prepare for the Internationals Competition.

“It’s more than just winning because in the end we have already helped so many people.” HOSA President senior Andreana Deguzman said. “That’s what matters in the end, it’s for people.”

Though the students might be nervous, it never prevents them from working toward their goal.

“I was a little nervous, but we were well prepared,” senior Ayisat Adegbindin said.

HOSA students showed their dedication to this competition by making it their main priority.

“We had been preparing since this past summer and it’s been a nonstop practice,” Deguzman said. “It’s been a lot of hard work and a lot of team work.”

No matter the intensity of the competition, the students don’t work any less.

“Compared to other competitions, HOSA is much more intense, as there are over 3,000 competitors in our state,” Adegbindin said. “The closer we get to state, the harder we work.”

Whether it’s a win or a loss, the students in the HOSA organization always keep the bigger picture in mind.

“What keeps me motivated is remembering that our event is for the community, and it’s helping the preparedness and the resilience and the health of the community,” Deguzman said.