The Official Student News Site of Klein High School

The Bearchat

The Bearchat

The Bearchat

Trail To Victory

Nadia Esquivel
The Klein ISD Buses wait in the Transportation Lot.
913 Views

The Klein Independent School District Transportation was recently named one of the winners of the inaugural Top Transportation Teams award. This award recognizes and celebrates the hard work of the nation’s best school transportation systems/departments (which one is better??). 

The award is organized by the leading transportation management software for public schools, Transfinder, and announced through School Transportation News, or STN. Departments are selected based on which had the highest employee satisfaction. Surveys were taken from a wide range of employees, were completely anonymous, and the questions touched on multiple aspects relating to job satisfaction (i.e leadership, safety, employee benefits). 

This award would not have been made possible without the hard work of the team at Klein’s Transportation department. The team is made up of 

“Our team is highly skilled in each of their respective areas and they set the bar when it comes to working together and communicating what needs to be done,” Stephen Barber, Operations Supervisor, said.

Students of the Klein District agree on the deservedness of this award.

“Honestly I wasn’t very surprised to hear that we won this award but I didn’t realize how good our system was,” said Klein Forest senior Keera Poole. “I do believe that we deserve it mostly because of the transportation opportunities that are given to students. After school and field trip transportation is not always given, so the fact we have that is nice.” 

The transportation team has spent time with the students during the route resulting in memories from the students that won’t be forgotten. 

“I recently had a great experience with our transportation team,” an eighth grader from Kleb Intermediate, Morgan Cole, said. “Our bus never came to pick us up for UIL at Klein Collins. We had to ask another bus driver to come and pick us up, and even though she was going for a break she decided to help us and take us back to our school. Her good deed is always a story we, as a class, reminisce about.”

Klein Districts transportation’s top priority is the safety of the students as well as creating an efficient trip to certain destinations. The award is given to only the best transportation teams across the United States.

“It doesn’t surprise me that we were awarded because of how well the team is at what they do, how dedicated we each are to our work, and because all of our bus drivers care very deeply about bettering the community,” Barber said.